Public Relations Associate - Westborough, MA
Our Westborough office is seeking a highly motivated, highly organized Public Relations Associate who will take responsibility for a number of time sensitive assignments and client account projects. The Public Relations Associate will have the opportunity to work on projects for clients in health IT, finance, insurance, nonprofit and other industries.
This role requires a strong degree of multitasking, time management and a sharp focus for details. Exemplary communication skills (written and verbal), flexibility and a sense of humor are essential. The Public Relations Associate is expected to have a passion for our industry and for mastering all of the skills required to perform assigned duties with a high degree of proficiency. This position requires a proactive thinker with a "can-do" attitude.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participating as a member of C+G's client account teams and taking ownership of assigned account responsibilities
- Conducting research and demonstrating knowledge on company, client and prospective client industry issues and trends.
- Participating in strategic account planning and account management activities
- Supporting the overall goals of the firm and providing support to senior management/other team members as needed
- Creating social media and website content, as well as managing client websites/social media applications
- Researching editorial calendars and identifying pitch/placement opportunities
- Environmental scanning and news tracking; monitoring news outlets for coverage or relevant industry information
- Researching and building client and issue-specific media contact lists
- Drafting press releases, advisories and other media relations collateral
- Special event planning, logistics and execution
- Contributing to C+G's own communications and marketing activities such as proposals, blog content, social media and website
- Writing and/or contributing to reports and campaign plan documents
- Perform essential account support duties such as activity tracking, report management, maintaining account files, time tracking and reporting
- Maintaining C+G professional standards and represent the company in a positive and professional manner at all times
- A demonstrated interest in social responsibility
- Punctual attendance for routine office hours, client calls and meetings
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize assigned duties
- Sharp focus for details and ability to proofread work
- Exemplary communication (verbal and written) skills, strong research skills.
- Creative problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel); to learn new software programs quickly
- Experience with Mailchimp and/or Wordpress preferred, but not required
- Familiarity and experience with major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A sense of humor